Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tatty Teddy

Don't faint...I'm back with another post already! I got up this morning and found we were without power :(  We had really strong winds last night, so I'm guessing a pole went down somewhere. It didn't come back on until 3pm!!!  Of course, everything I thought of doing required power lol  So...no work of any kind could be sorted....no internet, no washing machine, no iron, etc :)  It was quite nice really!

So how does a girl fill in her day when she can't use power??  Craft of course!  I had to STAMP an image to colour (no power to the printer for digis). Can't remember the last time I used a real stamp lol...AND...I made a CARD!!  No power to my cutter for 3D stuff. Isn't it amazing how we take the everyday things for granted!!!

Introducing...Tatty Teddy :)


He's a stamp that came as a freebie with a craft magazine aaaaaages ago, and has been waiting patiently in the drawer for me to get motivated to use him. Isn't he cute :) I love all his sticky-out bits...reminds me of our little scruffy dog, Ollie lol

Card base and mats are SU Early Espresso. DP is from a couple of 6" paper pads in my (too large!!) stash.  Mr Ted has been printed (ummm that would be STAMPED!!) onto X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copics. I made the little tag with the SU Jewel Punch & one of the Teeny Tiny sentiment stamps, then attached it with a brad. Edges have been inked with SU Creamy Caramel (retired, boo hoo...love this colour). Buttons are from my stash and have been threaded with SU Early Espresso twine.

Here's a close-up...


I'm entering Mr Ted into the following challenges:

The Outlawz Copic/Promarker Challenge:  Anything Goes  ends 2/5
Crafts 4 Eternity:  Perfect Papers - Use 3 patterned papers  ends 3/5
One Stop Craft:  Buttons & Bows  ends 3/5


Thanks for looking..........have a wonderful day :)


7 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card is beyond adorable. That storm was fierce but we didn't lose our power, thankfully.

Lysa said...

Hi Lynne,
Your Teddy is an awesome cutie! I hope he brings you much luck in the challenges. Thanks for visiting me while I am off the crafty grid . . I hope to post an update today. I really miss my paper and my markers and I feel like your Mr. Tatty Ted knows it. He really put a smile on my face when I pit stopped your blog to check in. Hope all is well on your end.
Lysa

Olga said...

What a lovely Teddy! Cute card! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

Linda Palmer said...

Lynn, it is a darling card. I love how you colored the bear, such realistic looking fur. Beautiful job on a great card.

Tracy said...

Isn't he fabulous! I have to admit that I really enjoy using honest to goodness real stamps, especially good quality ones. I think you did a wonderful job the good old fashioned way. :-) I managed to get my May calender page made today the same way... nice and simple. Have a great week! Hugs!

Penny said...

Absolutely darling card, Lynne! Love the teddy! Love the design, coloring & papers, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

He's so scruffy and cute and you've coloured him so beautifully! Love the tattiness of him compared with the very neat line of buttons :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails