Monday, June 20, 2011

Sonny's Party

Hello everyone...this is my submission for the Pollycraft DT call, which is open until 27th June.  Paula has posted 2 freebies HERE and asked that we use one of them on our project. They are both gorgeous but after some deliberation I chose Sonny's Party for my card...mainly because I had the perfect DP to go with her :) I really love the cute little Blue's Branch birdie too and have a project half done for him, which I'm hoping to get into the challenge before it closes...another "in by the skin of my teeth" effort, if I make it in time lol  I really must stop doing that!!

Here's my card:

The background paper is from a 12 x 12 Franchville specialty DP.  I had to butcher it and layer it to get it how I wanted lol but I think it worked okay. This is the BLINGIEST background I've ever seen!!!! And definitely way more bling than I've ever used but IRL it looks really pretty....and suits Miss Sonny to a tee :)  If you click on the photo to enlarge you'll see the bling in all its glory... To add a bit of dimension, I've printed and coloured a second balloon & hair flower and popped them up on dots. The balloon has been glazed then the dots Stickled (is that a word lol??) Her hair flower has a little gem in the centre.

A close up:
Copic colours:
Unfortunately I forgot to include the greens for her eye colour :( Put them away before taking the photo...they are G17, YG05 & YG11... I think??!!

The section of balloons I layered underneath the main panel didn't have any bling on them and looked a bit out of place, so I used LOTS of Stickles and blinged them up to match the others.

Please wish me LOTS of luck.....I would soooo LOVE to be on Paula's team.

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU Perfect Plum
DP:  Franchville
Stamp:  Sonny's Party from Pollycraft
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  SU Crystal Effects, Stickles, Foam dots

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Lynn, this card is darling. That paper is absolutely perfect!! I love the image and your coloring is awesome as always!! Good luck!
hugs, Bren

Anniebee said...

Gorgeous, Lynne! You did an exceptional job coloring this and I love what you did with the dp. It almost looks like a digital rendering if you don't look too closely. Just awesome!

Anniebee said...

LOL! You can ignore my comment on the above post! I see you entered this one already! Good luck! I hope you're selected!

Hugs,
Anniebee

Mary J said...

Oh Lynn, I love this! So beautifully coloured and put together!

H2 :) said...

Wow, that is blingy!!! Great DT submission Lynne. I'm sure Paula will love your card. Fantastic use of the DP & gorgeous colouring as always. Hugs :)

Paula said...

Gorgeous Lynne!! the background looks amazing!!

Thanks for entering the DT call..

Good luck
Paula x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails