Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Princess Oceana Joy Fold

The challenge this week at Michelle Perkett Studio is to make a Joy Fold card. This is my last project as a DT member for Michelle's group.  I have soooo loved being on the DT.  Work commitments have meant that I don't have much creating time these days and I like to give my best when I make a commitment and don't like to always be scraping in at the last minute, which is how it's been for the last couple of months now :(  I LOVE Michelle's art work and will still be an active member of her group...and enter the challenges as I can.

Thank you so much Michelle for inviting me to join your DT.  My crafting has grown in ways I would never have thought of. It's been so rewarding being on the DT and such a privilege to work with you (well, it's been more like playing really lol!)  Keep those gorgeous images coming :)

Anyhow...on to my project...this is the card I made:


This is a clean & simple card...a style I like :)  Image is Princess Oceana from Michelle Perkett's Etsy shop. She has been printed onto Express Graphx blending card and coloured with Copics then highlighted with glaze and glitter pens. I used embossing powder on the pearls. The base card is CM CS from my stash, the bubble panel is SU Glossy White CS embossed with the Spots & Dots Cuttlebug folder and brayered with SU Baja Breeze ink. Patterned DP is Kaiser from the Airy Fairy collection. I've had the little plastic starfish for years and thought it would finish the card of nicely...I added some glitter to it before adhering to the circle :)

A close up of the beautiful Princess:


I really like Joy Fold cards...and there are so many varieties...so come along and join in the challenge this week and show us your gorgeous Joy Fold card creations :)

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Lynne, this is so beautiful. It took my breath away :D Love all the blue colors. I have yet to color this image but seeing yours makes me want to. My new job has barely left me time to meet my DT responsibilities. I so miss the MPS challenges.

ileana said...

Hi Lynne! what a beautiful card!! Very simple indeed but very, very beautiful!
First, I love the colors you chose, the image is gorgeous in blue. Your coloring of the face is amazing, I like the shade of pink you used for her lips. The papers go great together and that starfish is a beautiful accent, it adds dimension to the card without changing the simplicity of the scketch. Love this one too!!!
It was great you were part of Michelle´s DT, you are so talented and have a very creative mind. I´m so happy I got to know you more!! Lots of hugs!!

Pattie G said...

Oh Lynne, this is absolutly gorgous!!! I hope your wrist gets better soon. Thank you for all of your help on our DT at Michelle Perkett's.

Hugs
Pattie

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh Lynne, this is gorgeous. I love how you've colored it. Those papers are perfect. TFS. I have enjoyed working with you on Michelle's DT. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

Hugs, Rhonda

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the blue hair! You have always inspired me with your creations as a DT member!! Thanks.

Michelle said...

OMG, Lynne!! Even with a sprained wrist you manage to wow us!!:) I hope you are feeling better soon!! I just am in love with how you colored and glittered Princess Oceana's hair!! Its gorgeous! Love the starfish and the bubble paper!! It has been such a pleasure to have you as a part of my 1st DT, Lynne! You are a constant inspiration!!:) Thank you for everything!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle:)

Sammi said...

Gorgeous job Lynne! Have loved seeing all your DT work! I love her blue hair and that little Starfish is the perfect finishing touch!!
Sammi
xxx

H2 :) said...

Lynne, your card is gorgeous & your colouring is amazing! Love the crispness of your design (& all that yummy blue!)
It's been great to see your work evolve while you have been on Michelle's DT & it's wonderful that you have found your niche!
Big hugs - get that wrist better! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails