Sunday, March 14, 2010

JAI Challenge #8

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is Just Add Easter! I don't normally get carried away with Easter presents, other than giving the kids an egg or bunny, we don't give Easter gifts. When I saw the amazing DT creations this week at JAI, I knew I wanted to play :) They totally inspired me to get all Eastery lol!!! Add to that the fact that I just LOVE 3D projects and I was definitely motivated to do something!

Seeing as how I'm going to Victoria on 23rd (yes, I'm counting the days!) to see my son and family, I decided to make Easter boxes for Hannah & Brody...my grandbabies...well, not babies anymore...they are 8 & 5! My, how time flies by!!! It's been 13 months since I last saw them and I'm sooo looking forward to cuddles :)

Ages ago I found a tutorial HERE for these little treat box/bag things (I have a thing about treat boxes...don't I Helen!!) so I printed it out and filed it. I wanted to make a bigger version to hopefully fit a bunny and some eggs inside so I set about adjusting the dimensions. (My version has a box with the front & back made separately) I also added a flap closure to the top instead of ribbon ties. My version is 4 1/2" wide x 7 3/4" high, not including the flap.

I had to get "creative" with the images...Ornament Trevor (obviously without his ornaments lol!) and Autumn Emma (without her pumpkin!)...from CC Designs at All That Scraps.  I LOVE the Sugarplums designs...they are just so darn cute :) I coloured with Copics and cut the images out so I could raise them on dimensional dots. CS is SU Pale Plum and CM Navy. The eggs, tag and DP behind Emma are from the digi kit Hoppy Hearts by Nit Wit. DP behind Trevor is from a Grant paper pack. Ribbon is Kaiser grosgrain. The wagons have been coated with dimensional glaze and the eggs highlighted with glitter pens and Stickles.  The Emma flap was made with my SU lace punch and Trevor's flap was hand cut.
Well, there you have it...my first Easter project!!! They were a lot of fun to make :)

13 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Great boxes Lynne, I think I am going to try these. I love CC Design stamps too! Absolutely gorgeous!!
Marilyn

Michelle said...

OMG, Lynne, these are adorable!! The kids are going to love them!! Images are darling!! I know how much you are looking forward to seeing the grandkids!!

Hugs,

Michelle:)

Danielle Daws said...

These are so adorable! Your colouring is just stunning, and the treat boxes are so cute! I'm sure your grandkids will LOVE these! Thanks so much for playing. :-)

Shirley McAvoy said...

I love 3D items and these are just too cute to give away. You've done a great job with them.

Tania Gould said...

Love the colours! And so great to see another Tasmanian - especially up North with me!

Claire said...

Adorable! Great work :)

Sammi said...

WOW! Love them - they look AWESOME!
Sammi
xxx

Christine Blain said...

These are very sweet! I love the eggs in the wagons. Too cute :)

Helen H said...

Lynne I don't think you have a "thing" about treatboxes (MUCH)!!!!! :)

These treatboxes are sooo cute & your colouring is perfect (as always)!

Hugs
Helen

AJ said...

Sooo sweet!! You're so talented! Thanks for playing @ Just Add Ink!

Susan Joyce said...

Nice projects, love your take on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous boxes Lynne!

grandmalee said...

Hi Lynne! If you stop on over to my blog: http://stampingwithgrandmalee.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-1st-blog-award.html
I have an award for you!
Thanks for all you do!
Your grandbabies will love these! Awesome work again!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails