Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fire


Well...been away for a rest and re-energize holiday, arriving home last night....had withdrawals so had to do some colouring today! :) This is my entry in the Michelle Perkett weekend Puppy Love challenge at PCP.

I found these colours really challenging as I don't use them much...too much of a green & purple girl!!! And the card didn't turn out anything like I imagined it was going to :( Very frustrating!! It nearly got binned a couple of times during the process. I had a couple of minor disasters in the process of making it! It does have some saving graces...it's one of Michelle's images and they are pretty hard to completely mess up...and the caption is lovely :) Thanks Michelle!

Supplies: SU Whisper White for image (coloured with Copics) and caption & Choc Chip for card base and panel mounts. Kaiser 'Flutterby' DP, ribbon & rhinestones. Glitter pens for hair, flowers and clothes & hair trim. Superfine glitter for flames and swirls. Novelty sun button with edge glittered.

I wanted to make this easel card 5 1/2" square, so I adjusted the design slightly as I didn't want so much sticking out in front of the card when it was standing open. I cut the base to 4" instead of the full 5 1/2". This means when the card is closed, the back is slightly shorter than the front. I wasn't sure how this would work...but I'm happy with the result and will make more like this as it means I can have the images a bit larger to work with.

I cut the base card 5 1/2" x 9" and scored at 2 1/2" & 5" The 'art board' is cut to 5 1/2" square

3 comments:

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just gorgeous lynne. I think the colors worked out perfectly. Beautiful image. Beautiful card!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card Lynne. I love how you've colored it and your papers.

Dena E's Blog said...

And your style with the Copics is gorgeous, they still make me a tad nervous,I am sooo use to prismacolor pencils,,,But I am trying.
Hugs again Dena

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails